Friday, July 22, 2011

Fruity Drink Fridays

Pele's Fire Punch




As I sit here in my office having a non-alcohol inspired chat with Pele, my hand-carved coconut monkey from the Spirit of Aloha show, it hit me (no-the monkey didn't suggest it) that this weeks fruity drink be Pele's Fire Punch. You see when I got Pele (understand where I got the name from?) she was filled with a lovely concoction of rum, fruity liquors and juice. And pretty much-if you serve it in a monkey carved out of a coconut-I gotta order it. Of course I seem to remember that after the third one, the habit of talking to Pele developed....hmmm. In any case the bartender in me quickly identified the tasty cocktail inside as a rum runner. But let's not call it that, because a true rum runner has orange juice and Pele's Punch does not. So here it is-Pele's Fire Punch.


1 part Bacardi Light Rum
1 part Myers Dark Rum
1 part Banana Liqueur ( I like 99 Bananas) 
1 part Blackberry Brandy ( I prefer Leroux)
3 parts Pineapple Juice
Splash of grenadine


Combine and shake. Serve over ice in your hand carved coconut monkey of course. Okay, okay-serve it on what ever you have and garnish with a cherry and an orange slice at least :)


Cheers!


****Now for the disclaimer: These recipes DO contain alcohol and should only be consumed by persons of legal drinking age. Please drink responsibly & don't drink and drive. Lisa Ruiz & Disney Ala Carte are not responsible for any damage to person(s) or property, or loss of life that result from over consumption or abuse of these recipes. Got it? Not for kids, don't drink & drive, and be responsible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment