Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mini Food Review: Citricos Sautéed Shrimp - Lemon, White Wine, Tomatoes, and Feta Cheese

Sautéed Shrimp with Lemon, White Wine, Tomatoes, and Feta Cheese $14.00



This is another one of my favorites. This dish relies on very distinct flavors working together to create a wonderful dish. The shrimp is fresh, sweet and flavorful and NOT overcooked. Complimented by a white wine & lemon broth that is very typical of Medetierean cooking-it is refreshing in it's acidity and tartness.The Feta cheese adds a touch of Greek flair to this dish and ties the whole thing together. Because of Fetas' texture, the cheese does not suffer from sliminess by being in the broth. I really feel that this dish would suffer without the Feta-so definitely be open to giving it a try. I suggest asking for it on the side at the very least. This dish it big in flavor, but somehow still light on your palette. Where some dishes melt in your mouth and settle in, this dish does more of a tap dance across your tongue. Now while I know I will be mocked mercilessly over that description -it's the best way I can explain it lol. This dish is especially wonderfully adapted to Floridas' warm weather as it provides a light, delicious pick-me-up after a long day of touring.

No comments:

Post a Comment